Saturday, December 10, 2016

Love on the Hillside

Tell me one more time, in hopes that it will finally sink in. Tell me when we used to live and love on the hillside.  Remind me of life without this pain and when we weren't sucked in to loving this burden weighing us down.

Seeing our reflection makes me think of a place called heaven. Some place that is so far away but somehow tends to feel so close. Like some force that is holding you back from the cliff.  Like someone with their loving arms stretched towards you, as a mother holding her new born.  Undefiled by the sick and weightless in a world full of you, on this hillside we love and we live.

The world sits and waits. and waits. and waits. For the grand departure, and for this burden to crush us.

Tell me. When you sit there on the balcony on a cold and rainy day, do my embraces remind you of something you believed in? As we live and love on this hillside, does my company make light of this burden pushing us further down?  Sometimes I wish we would give in. And sometimes, I think we were meant to carry this with us.

Yes, we were made for this.  Tell me that these words mean something, and that our embraces remind us of what we believe in. Love me on this hillside and we will forever hold this burden, with stronger shoulders, and softer hearts that were meant to pump for each other.

Image result for indie photos

1 comment: