Friday, September 2, 2016

3:15 AM

It's 1:15 in the afternoon and I should be working, but for the past 10 months everyday, there has been one thing on my mind.

I spent 2 years of repetition and it made sense, the world that is. I imagined that when I came home things would continue to be easy and my path forever illuminated. I never imagined that God would let me decide for myself the road I take.

It's 3:15 in the morning and that one thing is on my mind.

You.

I wake up and see the reflection of a kid, scared to mess things up. I don't want to do this wrong, but sometimes I imagine you next to me and suddenly the world makes sense again.  Just like it did 2 years ago.

"Oh he's so cliche writing about love." "Every post is about her." "He's just another wannabe writer with no originality."

For one second let's just be honest. It's been about love from day one.  Okay,  I never knew what love was, but I wanted to and I tried so hard to fit in. I wrote poems about a girl I thought I knew and about a feeling that wasn't truly in my heart. It felt like we were reaching for something that never actually existed. I watched movies and observed people who knew things that I didn't, who lived in a world that I would never be apart of.

Well now things are different.  It's 3:15 AM and I swear I haven't stopped worrying about you. The thought of seeing you again gets me through the day, and it keeps me alive in a world that I'm not so excited to live in.

And for that, I thank you.

Image result for indie photos love

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry if it's creepy that I'm reading your blog, but this was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I aspire to write such beautiful things like this.. Excellent job touching my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete